Slideshow

Subscribe

Don't miss out! Enter your email address to have updates sent to your inbox.

RSS Feed

Followers

© InfantBows. Powered by Blogger.
Monday, January 19, 2009

National Bankruptcy Day

February 10, 2009 thousands of children's products manufacturers and retailers will be closing their doors. I can't help but think of all the Mother's that are staying home to raise their children losing income when the economy is already struggling. This means that not only will the products created will be AGAINST THE LAW, but all the debt and loss of inventory will play a huge roll as well.

I was trying to explain to my children, that if I don't find an affordable way to get my products tested, that all of my products (they help me daily with these) will be against the law. Mommy can go to jail for selling them. As crazy as this sounds, it is real. We will just make our China suppliers even bigger and hurt our Americans even more. This is the opposite of what my company stands for!

I quoted on one site the following idea:

I think the manufacturer of materials used like ribbons and zip lock baggies (examples of my materials) should be tested and I get a copy of their certificates and keep with my "certified products". This would be a lot more cost effective in the long run and focus on the companies with the resources to contain such certificates. I think the safety of our children should include everything in our house not just items geared for children. Material certification would be cover everything and not hurt the "little guy". Please reconsider!

InfantBows plans on obeying the law and fighting till the end. I will do everything in my power to stay in the business I have worked the last 6 years for. I have invested too much time and money into this dream.

View resources here:

http://www.free-press-release.com/news/200901/1232389542.html

http://nationalbankruptcyday.com/archive/alert-the-media-the-cpsc-has-a-sense-of-humor/

0 comments: